3/3/15

K is for Kindergarten

{Disclaimer: Today's post is being brought to you by the phrases sap, sappy and sappiest!}

To My Dearest Twinados,

I registered you for Kindergarten today.
I went through a box of Kleenex, I really must say.

I can't believe time has gone by this fast.
Oh how those Twinfant years were a blast!

For 13 weeks we thought we had just one!
Then when T-2 crashed the sono...the fun had just begun.

I remember your Dad's face when he saw there were TWO!
He said D, if they're girls... I hope they're like you. {He flirts!}

Your rooms were painted pink and your cribs lined with lace.
Your Dad said he'll greet future boyfriends with mace!

For many months I couldn't bend.
My tummy was a watermelon toward the very end.

I loved every single second of rockin' that belly.
I wore heels on your birth day... just ask Auntie Shelli.

We drove fast to the hospital, like a crazy crime spree.
You were born on a Sunday morning, just before three.

Spice, you smacked the nurse...and Sugar, you wanted sleep.
When I caught a glimpse of your faces, I let out a happy weep!

We matched your outfits and also your hair.
We couldn't wait to introduce our precious little pair.

The drive home from the hospital seemed like 24 hours.
It gave us time to prep for twin parent super powers.

You slept side by side in little bassinets.
Your round-the-clock babas were made in sets.

T-2 was purple and T-1 was pink.
Yep, that's how it went...hmm...I think!

Double the diapers and double the dishes.
We'd do it again in a heartbeat, 'cause you granted our wishes!

Oh, these years have certainly flown.
The school year is now telling us that you're grown.

When I see you, I still see those chubby little cheeks.
And I remember when we'd count your age by weeks.

I can't wait to see what you do in this world.
I thank God every day for my "baby" girls.

I registered you for Kindergarten today.
I went through a box of Kleenex, I really must say.

Kisses, my Misses!

Ma


Dream BIG, old ladies!!


{P.S. If you made it to the end of this...I thank you very much. Had to get that off my chest... I love ya'll a bunch! *Ahem* Tomorrow it's back to recipes for lunch.}






No comments:

Post a Comment