3/12/15

{Foodee} My Own-a Samoas

It's National Girl Scout Day! 

I only went as far as Brownie level, but high-fives to those gals in green. Today, let's honor them by copying  saluting their famous cookies. {I think their selling season is over, so making these yummies shouldn't interfere with any sales!}


I'm on the hunt for a Tag-a-long recipe, but until then...here's my version of Samoas. I refuse to call them Carmel deLites! {Who's with me on this?!}

{My Own-a Samoas}


Cookie base:
1 c softened butter
½ c sugar
2 c flour
1/2 t salt
1/4 t baking powder
1 t vanilla extract
2-3 T milk (a few splashes more, if needed)

Caramel topping:
3 c shredded coconut
1 bag of caramels (12 oz. or so)
1/4 t salt
1 t vanilla
3 T milk
8 ounces MILK chocolate chips 







{Cookie Deets}

Heat oven to 350. Mix softened butter and sugar in a bowl. Add flour, salt and baking powder. Keep blending by hand. Add vanilla and milk. Blend well until the mixture can form a ball. Add a few more splashes of milk if the mixture is still flaky. Roll mixture out onto wax paper. Use a cookie cutter or glass to make a circle shape. Cut out a small hole in the middle (the inside tip of a frosting gun will work well). Bake 10-12 minutes or until slightly golden brown on bottom. When cooled, melt chocolate chips and pour into a shallow bowl…dip bottoms of cookies into chocolate and place on wax paper.


{Topping Deets}

Spread out the coconut onto a baking sheet and cook for 15 minutes on 350. Mix every 5 minutes. While coconut is toasting, melt caramels, milk, vanilla and salt in the microwave. When coconut is done, fold it in to the caramel mixture. Use a tiny spoon to spread mixture on top of cookies...don't fill the middle though. When all is slightly cooled, melt some extra chocolate chips and pipe stripes across the tops of the cookies.


What's YOUR favorite flavor?

I bet I love it too. Scout's honor!






No comments:

Post a Comment