2/5/15

{Foodee} Party "Hearty"

LOVE a good quick Valentine's Day themed snack? 

Party "hearty" this month with this pretty plate! Your Feb will be even more fantastic with some diagonally sliced carrots secured with a toothpick and capped with arrow-shaped cheese. Serve with my family's favorite homemade dip for extra lovey-doveyness. 



If you "carrot" all about your veggies, dunk them in this!



{My Favorite Dip}


1 packet dry Onion Soup Mix
1 16 oz. tub of sour cream


My Grandma RoRo made this dip for me + SheShe since before we can even remember wearing double scrunchies, sparkly jelly flats and those neon green t-shirt clips. {waaaay back, yo!}. Second only to our beloved Heluva Good French Onion Dip {cue the angel chorus}, it's quite dee-lish. It's Miss Popular at parties, and it's always fun to meet peeps who also know just how special this pairing really is.


{Carrot Heart Disclaimer}

So, I saw a version of this snack a while back on the internet somewhere, but the person made it with Lil' Smokies {...and a cheese dip. Melt!}. They're smart. Because carrots?? They're tough little suckers! I only made 4 of these little guys a while back...because toothpicks?? Also, tough little tootsies. {Ouch!!} I love a good dose of Pinterest on my plate, but I wanted to warn your thumbs ahead of time before they go in to battle.


9 more days 'til V-day...you ready, loves?!






No comments:

Post a Comment