5/5/16

Zaxby's

Alright - so every now and then, I like to shout out my love for the South...and that I am a complete self-described oxymoron. I scream in  East Coast, but I whisper in Southern Sunshine.

The fam and I trek to Myrtle Beach each spring for our annual vaycay. We have a blast with each other! Such a pick me up! Super refreshing is an understatement.





My sis {SheShe} went to college in North Cackalacky, but she claims BOTH Carolinas as her second homes. South-C welcomes her with open arms. I called upon all of my superpowers of Yankee persuasion to try to get her to join me in the Midwest back in the day, but that Belle wanted none of it. She was already working on the proper use of "Bless Your Heart" the first day of 10th grade. {My bribing didn't stand a chance!} She was sold on the South at an early age.

We always enjoy traveling with her down there because she's a natural. Her darling drawl pops out, her eyes light up with that first sip of sweet tea and to hear her say "Sir" and "Ma'am" to people is sort of surreal for us. {The only way we ever used this phrase while growing up, was in fine smack-talk fashion.} We look to her for guidance on all things "suthun" and she never disappoints.

Here's a tiny MB lunch re-cap...

One afternoon, our dear debutante suggested we have lunch at a place called Zaxby's. Since I'm a Cancer sign, Miz Crab is a stubborn, sentimental snacker. I wanted an old stand-by... Panera? Five Guys? Subway? I dunno. Meals need to be experiences, ya know? My noshings need to be nifty and feel like a gifty. I have my faves. I know what I like. Once a craving sets in...it's ova.

Well...my brat-factor was running extra brat-tastic one vaycay day, and it just so happened to collide with Sheesh's suggestion to try Zaxby's. {Cue my 'tude.} What? No thanks. Bye. My mind was already blissfully set on the beautiful bites of a Bacon Turkey Bravo...and it's totes hard to pull me away from my sandwich slumber.

I could sense the fam was getting bored of my shenanigans. Basically - because they were ignoring my whines and pulling in to a prime parking spot.

The nerve!

{Sigh.}

The utter nerve! haha

Guess I'll give in.

I walked in to a nice big fat slice 'o humble pie, yo. {This is naaaaht easy for me to admit!} I saw a {Black and Blue Chicken Salad} on the menu and said a quick bye bye to my perfect Panera plans. Zaxby's was flippin' FAB! Fun! Festive!


{Front entrance pic from zaxbys.com is much prettier than mine!}



Here's the scoop...

I'd describe it as a fast food Applebee's. 

You order at the counter and seat yourself. 

Chicken is the HBIC.

Salads are GIANT, and they're served on actual plates.

You get tiny ramekins of dressing and real flatware. 

Sides of bread = Texas Toast!

They have crinkle cut fries. 

Wings. 

Onion rings.

They have fried pickles.

Again... they have fried pickles.

Yep...FRIED PICKLES!!!!!


{A pickle pic from restaurantnews.com }


Don't get me started on their ICE! I know...very random, but I'm one of those gals that likes that teeny tiny crunchy ice. No real way to describe it...but for some reason, it's the bomb-diggs. This Zaxby's had one of those cool Coca-Cola machines where you can choose your soda and swirl in different flavors. {#CherryGameOnPoint}

Sheesh notes that she likes to get take-out salads because it's fun to toss on the dressing, shut the container lid and shake it all up! It helps to coat everything evenly.

Don't forget ZAX sauce on the side. for everything. It's a nice lil remoulade that packs a nice lil punch! Fantastic on fries. Chippy on chicken. Surprising on salads.




A final selling point for me is their play on words. {Zalads! Zappetizers! Meal Dealz!} Nice way to incorporate that {Z} into titles. They also have cute Zaxby-themed wall art. I dig it. Gimme more.




Welp! There ya have it. Are you a ZAXBY's fan? Have another Southern charmer you think we should know about? Tell me!





No comments:

Post a Comment